There are many database tools you can use to connect and manage your database. TablePlus allows you to manage all the database types you can host on Kinsta, so we’re using it for this guide.
You can use any database client or tool (including the command line) which supports your database type. While some specifics, like navigation and field names, may vary between database tools, the fundamental concepts are the same.
Connect to a Kinsta Database
- In TablePlus, click Create a new connection, choose the database type, and click Create.
- Complete the connection details in TablePlus with the information from your database’s External connections details in MyKinsta and click Connect once you’ve filled in the following:
- User (This is not required for Redis.)
- Database (This is not required for Redis.)
- You are now connected to the Kinsta database, and you can use TablePlus to view and manage the database.
Backup a Database
- In TablePlus, click File > Backup, choose your connection and database, and click Start backup.
- Enter a file name for the backup, choose where you want to save it, and click Start backup.
Restore a Database
- In TablePlus, click File > Restore, choose your connection and database, and click Start restore.
- Browse to the file you want to restore and click Start restore again.