This is an example of how to set up a static site with Jigsaw on Kinsta’s Application Hosting services.
Jigsaw is a framework for rapidly building static sites using the same modern tooling that powers your web applications.
Jigsaw is based on Laravel; it’s a regular PHP-based application, so Kinsta automatically installs dependencies defined in your composer.json file during the deployment process.
- Create a new repository from this template (Use this template > Create a new repository): Kinsta – Jigsaw Starter
- In MyKinsta, add an application with the Jigsaw Starter repository.
- The Start command can be left blank for the web process as Kinsta automatically detects the required command during the first deployment. The first deployment may fail as you need to add the necessary Buildpacks.
- So that the application can build the CSS/JS files, you need to add two buildpacks: Node JS and PHP. Click Settings > Add buildpack, select NodeJS > Add buildpack. Repeat this for PHP.
- Click Deployments > Deploy now > choose the required branch > Deploy application.
The app is available as soon as the build finishes, and a default Jigsaw page loads at your application’s URL.
In most cases, you’ll want the application to build the CSS/JS files, so you’ll need to add these two Buildpacks:
- Node JS
Web Server Setup
When you deploy the application, Kinsta automatically creates a web process with
npm start as the Start command. If required, you can change this within Processes.