This is an example of how to set up a static site with VuePress on Kinsta’s Static Site Hosting services from a GitHub repository.
VuePress is a static site generator that allows you to embed dynamic content within your Markdown files using Vue components to produce static HTML pages. More information is available on the VuePress website.
You can also use this quick start template on Kinsta’s Application Hosting without any additional configuration. If you use Application Hosting, the Start command can be left blank for the web process as Kinsta automatically detects the required command during the first deployment.
- Kinsta’s quick start templates are stored and managed in GitHub; therefore, you need a GitHub account to access them.
- You need to create a MyKinsta account to deploy the application.
Deploy a VuePress Static Site
- Log in to GitHub and create a new repository from this template (Use this template > Create a new repository): Kinsta – Hello World – Static Site with VuePress.
- In MyKinsta, click Static Sites > Add site > select GitHub, click Connect git provider > Authorize, and log in to your GitHub account.
- Choose the Hello World VuePress repository, click Continue, and enter the following in the Build settings:
- Build command:
npm run build
- Node version: 16.20.0
- Publish directory: ./docs/.vuepress/dist
- Build command:
Kinsta automatically installs dependencies defined in your composer.json file during the deployment process. The site is available as soon as the deployment finishes, and the Hello world page loads at your site’s URL.
Whenever you initiate a deployment (through creating an application or re-deploying due to an incoming commit), the
npm build the command is run, followed by the
npm start command.