Pagely is a managed WordPress hosting provider that’s been in business for a while now. However, it doesn’t make use of the same innovative, advanced technologies that we have here at Kinsta, nor does it provide the flexible features and control that we offer our customers.
While you may find Pagely’s services somewhat comparable with Kinsta’s, they come at very different price points. The high cost of Pagely’s plans is enough to turn many customers away, especially when you consider that Kinsta plans offer more value for your money, better support, and greater ease of use.
At Kinsta, we hear from customers every day who are looking for a better Pagely alternative. They want a reliable hosting service that’s able to provide advanced features and robust tools for WordPress users, without spending a fortune.
If this sounds like you, we have you covered. Below, we’ll explore what makes Kinsta so unique, and discuss the biggest advantages of using us as your managed WordPress host!
How Kinsta Compares to Pagely in a Nutshell
Before we get into the specifics of Kinsta vs Pagely, we want to break down some of the biggest differences between the two hosting providers.
Kinsta is the highest-rated managed WordPress host on G2, the world’s leading software review and comparison site:
#1 WordPress Hosting Provider by G2
Kinsta is also the first hosting provider to be powered exclusively by the Google Cloud Platform. Using Google’s global premium-tier network enables Kinsta to maximize speed and performance for every site. Pagely, on the other hand, uses Amazon Web Services’ cloud infrastructure.
Let’s take a look at some of the key differences between Kinsta and Pagely:
- Kinsta plans start at just $30 per month. The cheapest Pagely hosting plan starts at $199 per month.
- If you opt for annual billing, Kinsta offers two free months, whereas Pagely only offers one.
- Kinsta offers plans and solutions for sites of all sizes and scales, from personal bloggers to Fortune 500 companies. Pagely is geared primarily towards large businesses and enterprise clients.
- Kinsta has been the fastest WordPress host for five consecutive years (based on independent benchmarks).
- Kinsta has 24 data centers across the globe, whereas Pagely has 14.
- Unlike Pagely, Kinsta gives customers the option of choosing which global data center location they’d like to use for each website, free of charge. Pagely data center regions are divided into two tiers. Tier 1 is only U.S.-based locations. Tier 2 also includes centers in Europe, Asia Pacific, Canda, and South America, but this requires an additional cost.
- Kinsta performs weekly automatic MySQL database optimization on all of your sites to ensure better performance.
- All Kinsta plans include a free premium DNS, free CDN, and (unlike Pagely) unlimited bandwidth.
- With Pagely, the average time it takes to set up your server after you create an account is one day. Kinsta makes your plan available immediately after you sign up.
- Kinsta provides 24/7 premium chat support to all clients. Pagely only offers live chat support during business hours, and primarily uses a ticket system.
- The support at Kinsta is always available: 365 days a year, 24/7. Pagely follows a ‘holiday schedule’. During certain days, its support team has limited availability, responding almost exclusively to ‘critical only’ system-level issues.
- Kinsta monitors 24/7 the uptime of your WordPress sites
- Kinsta works with Google Cloud’s premium global tier network, and all of our plans come with Google Cloud Firewall. Pagely runs on Amazon Web Services. While these cloud platforms are comparable in many ways, GCP is backed by the Google infrastructure and offers a handful of advantages, such as innovative container technology, cybersecurity measures, and artificial intelligence (AI) solutions.
- Kinsta provides free website migrations for all plans and eliminates the concern of downtime. Pagely offers two free migrations with its plans, and the process can take up to five business days.
- All Kinsta plans include a hack-fix guarantee. This means that if something were to happen to your site, we’d fix it for free.
- All Kinsta plans come with a one-click staging environment and SSH access. Partial SSH access is only available on upper-tier Pagely plans.
- Kinsta has one of the most popular and appreciated affiliate programs on the market.
- Kinsta provides a custom-built, WordPress-specific MyKinsta dashboard. Pagely uses a dashboard called Atomic, but it lacks a lot of site management tools.
- Kinsta provides a site-healing feature, and we monitor all websites 720 times per day.
- We offer six types of backups: free automatic/daily, optional hourly, manual, system-generated, downloadable, and external backups sent automatically to your Amazon S3 or Google Cloud Storage.
- Kinsta provides reverse proxy support on all plans.
- Kinsta offers premium 24/7 multilingual support for all customers.
- You get access to a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Kinsta is Built for Performance and Scalability
From day one, Kinsta was built with performance and scalability in mind. That means our platform is well-equipped to handle sudden spikes in traffic. You never have to worry about experiencing downtime or sharing resources on an overloaded server.
Kinsta doesn’t fall into traditional hosting categories, such as shared or VPS. Our unique infrastructure is built on the Google Cloud Platform, and we use LXD-managed hosts and orchestrated LXC software containers. Each site hosted on Kinsta has its own isolated container with all the resources it needs to run, including MySQL, Linux, Nginx, and PHP.
At Kinsta, your MySQL databases are hosted at localhost for quicker loading times and faster queries. Our auto-scaling infrastructure also makes it easy to upgrade or downgrade your resources with ease.
With Pagely, private database instances such as MySQL and MariaDB are only available for an additional cost. Also, to ensure that sites are able to handle traffic surges, Pagely recommends that its users upgrade to one of its High Availability plans, which start at $1,249 per month.
Kinsta uses compute-optimized C2 machines for every plan, not just the highest tiers. This means that, depending on the type of site you run, you could see a speed improvement between 20% and 200% simply by switching to Kinsta!
For nearly an apples and apples service, and in some cases, clearly better (in Kinsta’s favor), Kinsta saved us $5,388 a year by switching over from Pagely. In the algorithm centric world we live in, speed matters. After a number of before/after tests between Kinsta and other hosts, Kinsta produced the fastest page load times. And not just by a few percentage points; without touching anything, the average WordPress site increased page speed by 53%.
In terms of the basic features and functionality one might expect from a managed WordPress host, Pagely and Kinsta are comparable. However, as you can see in the below chart by SoftwareFindr, Kinsta outperforms Pagely in many key areas, including customer support, ease of use, and value for your money:
MyKinsta: A Dashboard That’s Better Than cPanel
At Kinsta, we aren’t unlike other web hosts. We know that our clients deserve the best control panel possible, which is why we built our own custom user portal from scratch.
The MyKinsta dashboard is packed with features, easy to navigate, and designed specifically for WordPress site management:
Some of the features that make our MyKinsta dashboard so powerful, which you won’t necessarily find with Pagely, include:
- Quick phpMyAdmin access.
- Premium Amazon Route 53 DNS included, for managing your DNS records directly within the dashboard.
- One-click CDN integration.
- Detailed insights and analytics, including performance analysis data, CDN usage and insights, bandwidth and visitor data, and cache HIT and MISS ratios.
- Advanced multiuser feature
- Search and replace tool for performing bulk updates.
- One-click PHP version toggle, and the option to restart PHP if needed.
- Website redirect management.
- Option to purge the site cache within the dashboard.
- Ability to create a staging environment in seconds with a single click. Pagely requires you to use its Git integration tool to manually deploy a testing environment, or use sync and clone advanced tools to make one-time copies of your production to staging.
- Option to restore backups to staging and push staging sites live.
- Ability to add SSH keys to the dashboard to enhance login security.
- Quick IP address blocking via an IP Deny tool.
- New Relic integration for troubleshooting website performance. Pagely requires you to purchase your own New Relic license.
- Advanced WordPress debugging tool.
- Simple password protection for your environment.
- Free SSL certificates via Let’s Encrypt, and the ability to import your own.
- Multilingual dashboard that’s available in 10 languages: English, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Japanese, Swedish, Danish, and Dutch.
- ionCube enabler.
- Migrations section to check the status of your requested site transfers.
Why take our word for it, though? Give the dashboard a try for yourself! We’re so confident in our dashboard that we encourage you to take a look to understand its benefits firsthand.
All you have to do to get started is create a free account. Then you can explore the interface and tools to see what makes the MyKinsta dashboard so special.
We care deeply about our clients’ feedback, and we’re constantly making improvements based on the requests we receive. We’re always looking for ways to make everyone’s lives easier and more productive!
Optimized for WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads
If you’re an ecommerce business, your site has unique challenges that not every traditional web host is capable of meeting. At Kinsta, our platform is optimized for ecommerce sites.
We employ a variety of tools and technology that can help increase the speed of your WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads stores. Some of the ways we do this include:
- Implementing rules to ensure proper WooCommerce and EDD functionality, and fast server-level page caching
- Excluding certain pages that shouldn’t be cached by default, such as cart, ‘my account’, and checkout pages
- Automatically bypassing the cache for users when “woocommerce_items_in_cart cookie” or “edd_items_in_cart” is detected, which ensures a smoother checkout process
We were looking for a very reliable, powerful, and comprehensive hosting partner for our mission-critical ecommerce store and all our customers’ websites. Kinsta is proving to be the best choice.
Kinsta delivers unmatched performance and speed. Each year, Review Signal publishes a review in which it conducts rigorous performance testing of the top hosts in the industry. For five consecutive years, Kinsta has scored “top tier” status.
While Pagely has not participated every year, there have been a few years where it has. Let’s take a look at the web performance test results of the most recent review where both Kinsta and Pagely participated, to see how they stack up.
Web Performance Benchmarks (Business Plans)
To run these web performance benchmark tests, Review Signal created identical WordPress dummy websites with the same plugins installed (save for any tools needed for each provider’s specific caching mechanisms).
WebPageTest.org was used to test 11 different geographical locations to measure overall loading times (in seconds). Let’s take a look at the results:
As you can see, Kinsta surpassed Pagely in 7 out of 11 tests.
When it came to uptime monitoring testing, both Kinsta and Pagely achieved a perfect score with Uptime Robot:
The Load Storm tests scaled up the number of concurrent visitors over 30 minutes, peaking at 10 minutes:
|Peak Response Time (ms)||15,059||15,178|
|Average Response Time (ms)||317||1,593|
Not only did Kinsta have significantly fewer errors, but we also had a faster average response time than Pagely.
Kinsta is Developer-Friendly
Kinsta understands how important it is to have developer-friendly tools and features. In fact, many of our team members are developers, which is why we built our products and our MyKinsta dashboard with that type of user in mind.
We offer features and accessibility to enhance efficiency and streamline your workflow. Some of the ways we do this include:
- Unrestricted access to your site’s critical files, with SFTP and PHPMyAdmin access.
- Git, WP-CLI, and SSH access included with all plans. Pagely provides partial SSH access, and Git and WP-CLI access on upper-tier plans only.
- One-click staging environments on all plans. At Kinsta, we also let users turn on caching in their staging environments. Pagely limits its staging environments. You would need to download its Pagely Sync Tool (to create a one-time copy or one-off test) or the Git Integration Tool.
- Kinsta has five types of backups: free automatic/daily, optional hourly, manual, system generated, and downloadable. Pagely offers automated daily backups stored with Amazon S3 that includes a 14-day retention policy. For Kinsta Business and Enterprise plans, we offer 20 and 30 days retention.
- Faster search with the Elasticsearch add-on, as well as quicker database performance through the Redis add-on. Pagely only supports Elasticsearch on its Performance+ and Scale plans.
- The ability to load your site over reverse proxy. Pagely only offers reverse proxy for VPS and Enterprise-level plans for an additional $200 fee (as compared to our $50 subscription).
- Kinsta lets you run a different version of PHP for every live and staging site, as well as switch your PHP version with just one click.
- Post and page revisions are enabled by default.
At Kinsta, we include free one-click SSL certificates with Let’s Encrypt integration on every plan. You can also install your own certificate if required, as well as enable HTTPS directly from the dashboard.
Feature Comparison Overview
Let’s take a moment to review some of the key differences between Kinsta and Pagely:
|Pricing||Plans start at $30/month||Plans start at $199/month|
|Money-Back Guarantee||30 days||30 days|
|Plan Tiers||10 (not including custom)||5|
|Premium 24×7 Support||All plans||Varies by plan, limited during holidays|
|Core Infrastructure (GCP)||Google Cloud Platform||Amazon AWS|
|SSH Access||All plans||Partial access for upper-tier plans|
|Global Data Centers||24 locations||14 locations|
|Bandwidth Limits||No limits (within AUP)||20 GB (Starter),|
50 GB (Performance)
|Container Technology||100% resource isolation on all plans||Varies by plan.|
|Free Migrations||All plans||Limited to two sites|
|One-Clik Staging||All plans||Manual deployment via Git integration and Advanced Tool|
|PHP Versions||PHP 7.3, 7.4, 8.0||PHP 5.6, 7+|
|Switch PHP Engine||One-click change in dashboard||One-click change in dashboard|
|Free CDN||34 (All regions)||PressCDN|
|Free DNS||All plans||All plans|
|Free SSL Certificates||All plans||All plans|
|Uptime Monitoring||All plans||Varies by plan|
|Resource Limits||Only limited by PHP workers||Varies by plan|
|Free APM Tool||Kinsta APM||Not specified|
|Multisite Support||Pro plans and higher||All plans|
|Weekly automatic MySQL database optimization||✓||X|
|Reverse Proxy Support||$50 on all plans||$200 (VPS and Enterprise plans)|
|Elasticsearch Add-on||✓||Performance and Scale plans only|
|New Relic APM Support||✓||Paid add-on|
|Multilingual Dashboard||English, Spanish, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, French, Swedish, Danish, Japanese||X|
Kinsta’s team of skilled experts handles the entire migration process for you, so you won’t have to worry about figuring out complex technology or risk losing critical data.
To get started, simply complete our site migration request form, and a Kinsta migration engineer will reach out to schedule a time that will minimize downtime and disruptions. You can track the status of your migration through the MyKinsta dashboard.
We needed to migrate our hosting to an enterprise-ready platform but lacked the internal developer resources to execute the migration ourselves. Kinsta’s migration team was excellent; they were extremely proactive and communication was incredible. Our migration went as smooth as possible and we are now happy Kinsta customers.
Pagely offers two free migrations for its users. However, the process can take up to five days, and even longer if your site is on the larger side. Our unlimited free migrations typically take less than three business days, and we’ll let you know ahead of time if we expect a longer delay.
In addition, Pagely WordPress and database backups are stored on Amazon S3 and include a 14-day retention policy. To keep them for longer or store them elsewhere, you would need to manually download the backups yourself.
24/7 Expert Support
At Kinsta, we put our customers first, regardless of which plan they have. We don’t have support tiers,and treat each and every customer as a priority. It doesn’t matter if you’re a blogger or a Fortune 500 company, our team of engineers and WordPress experts are available for you 24/7.
We operate on the Intercom customer messaging platform to make support as quick and convenient as possible. Kinsta’s average initial ticket response time is under two minutes! On its website, Pagely states that its median ticket response time is 12 minutes.
What’s more, our clients can vouch for us. For the past two years, after tens of thousands of conversations over 97% of our customers closed a chat support session happy or satisfied:
No problem is too big or too small for our experts to handle. We also offer multilingual customer support, and our knowledge base has resources available in 10 languages.
If I have an issue with my site, I know that I”ll get an answer from the support team almost instantly. And it’s not just an automated response. You get a real person who actually reads your message. It’s comforting knowing someone has my back for when something goes wrong.
Pagely uses a ticket-based system as its primary method of communication. So when it says the service offers 24/7 support for all plans, it’s referring mostly to being able to open a ticket.
Live chat support is only available during business hours. As you might imagine, this can be particularly frustrating for clients in different timezones.
Also worth mentioning is Pagely’s holiday schedule. At Kinsta, we provide support 365 days a year. However, Pagely scales back its support during some of the busiest times of the year, particularly for e-commerce sites.
This means that if something were to happen to your site aside from your server going down, it could take days for them to get back to you. Considering that Pagely is one of the most expensive providers, most clients would find this limited support unacceptable.
Zach Mettra, Founder and Creative Director of Brightoak Agency, has first-hand experience on the differences between Kinsta and Pagely support:
Safe and Secure
At Kinsta, we take both active and passive measures to safeguard your site from security attacks and malicious activity. Our secure hosting platform monitors your site every two minutes for uptime, and has software-based restrictions in place.
Some of the ways we provide a safe, secure environment include:
- Detecting DDoS attacks as they happen
- Stopping malicious code from infiltrating our network
- Providing a Google Cloud Platform firewall
- Providing a dedicated malware & abuse security team
- Including Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) support
- Offering isolated LXC containers
- Implementing GeoIP blocking
- Including automated backups with all plans
- Incorporating self-healing PHP
- Providing a free hack-fix guarantee
- Only including support for encrypted SFTP and SSH connections (not for unsecured FTP connections)
Pagely, on the other hand, mostly relies on server monitoring. For stricter measures, users have the option of using its custom monitoring node. Additionally, if you want to store backups of your WordPress site somewhere other than Amazon S3, you would need to manually download the files yourself.
In other words, unlike Kinsta, Pagely focuses primarily on monitoring server health and not your actual WordPress site. If you want to monitor your site for uptime, you would need to use a third-party service.
When you use Kinsta as your WordPress host, if there’s a vulnerability on your site, you’ll know right away. We’ll contact you immediately to let you know what the next steps are.
Kinsta Has a Global Presence
Powered exclusively by the Google Cloud Platform, Kinsta has 24 data centers (and counting) around the world. Our global presence spans five continents, and you can choose a different data center for each of your websites.
Unlike Pagely, we offer this perk with absolutely no extra fees or hidden charges. Kinsta locations include:
- Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA
- London, UK
- Sydney, Australia
- St. Ghislain, Belgium
- Changhua County, Taiwan
- Mumbai, India
- The Dalles, Oregon, USA
- Ashburn, Virginia, USA
- Moncks Corner, South Carolina, USA
- São Paulo, Brazil
- Seoul, South Korea.
- Salt Lake City, USA.
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Jurong West, Singapore
- Tokyo, Japan
- Montréal, Canada
- Eemshaven, Netherlands
- Hamina, Finland
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- Hong Kong
- Zürich, Switzerland
- Osaka, Japan
- Las Vegas, USA
- Jakarta, Indonesia
Pagely operates much differently. It has a total of 14 data centers, within regions split into two tiers. Tier 1 consists of only three locations, all of which are in the U.S. The rest of the locations, including the ones in Europe, Asia Pacific, Canada, and South America, require you to pay an additional fee to use.
Turbocharging Your Content Delivery with Kinsta CDN
Kinsta cares about your website’s performance, not just through our data centers, but across the globe as well. We include free CDN bandwidth with every plan.
We partnered up with KeyCDN, a premium HTTP/2 and IPv6-enabled Content Delivery Network (CDN). Our content delivery architecture is built from the ground up for high throughput and low latency.
With Kinsta as your managed WordPress host, your content is delivered and cached from our 34 POPs across the globe. This encompasses all major regions, including America, Europe, Asia, South America, Africa, and Australia! Our CDN also automatically helps safeguard our servers from bad bots, and adheres to industry standards such as GZIP and HPACK compression.
Pagely’s PressCDN service is powered by AWS Cloudfront. However, like most aspects of Pagely, it’s important to consider what’s included for the cost. For example, the Developer plan that includes 150 GB with PressCDN costs $199 per month. Our Business plan comes with 200 GB, and costs $100 per month.
Best Affiliate Program in the Industry
We make it our mission to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations. Our happy customers are often excited and eager to spread the word about our Kinsta products and services, which has helped us become one of the fastest-growing WordPress hosts!
This is why we’re proud to offer one of the highest-paying affiliate programs in the hosting industry. Our affiliate program allows for true profit sharing, regardless of whether you’re a blogger or an enterprise agency.
You can earn between $50 and $500 (depending on the plan) for every signup you refer. You’ll also receive a 10% monthly recurring commission for the lifetime of the customers you refer. Thanks to our customers’ low churn rate, our affiliate program provides you with a powerful opportunity to earn a passive income.
You also won’t ever have to worry about dealing with confusing third-party platforms. We created a custom affiliate dashboard for you to use. Pagely, on the other hand, does not offer an affiliate program.
Join Others Making the Switch to Kinsta
At Kinsta, our mission is to provide you with the fastest, most secure, and latest technology possible. It’s why we’re always evolving, adapting, and innovating.
If you want proof, just check out our many feature updates! No other host in the industry releases new features, tools, and integrations at the speed and frequency Kinsta does.
We are proud of our platform and confident in our service. We also want you to be completely satisfied with your hosting. That’s why we always offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, and don’t require long-term contracts.
If you’re ready to make the move away from Pagely and switch to a new hosting provider, try out Kinsta risk-free for 30 days!