Kinsta is a premium managed WordPress hosting provider designed for all types of businesses, small or large. We're the first to be exclusively powered by Google Cloud Platform while utilizing an isolated container system. We believe that constant availability and an outstanding user experience are a must. That’s why we always utilize the latest software and most advanced technology to power our infrastructure.
- Full-time Remote
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on high-performance hosting. We run our services on cutting-edge technology and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe with team members hailing from every continent but Antarctica! We're constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our awesome team. If you’d like to become part of the Kinsta family, hit apply!
Our wonderful team has grown tremendously over the past year and we are looking for Corporate Counsel to advise Kinsta on a variety of legal matters and help us minimize legal risk while enabling Kinsta to pursue our business objectives. This is a unique opportunity to join a fully remote, globally distributed company as an early member of the team. The position offers tremendous professional growth and development opportunities and the possibility to deal with diverse legal issues globally.
What you will do:
- Serve as the main advisor to internal stakeholders on legal matters pertaining to all aspects of Kinsta’s business operations
- Conduct research and provide guidance on a wide range of legal concerns including global employment law, intellectual property, data privacy, marketing communications, corporate governance, and more
- Work with internal teams in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to mitigate risks related to data privacy and compliance
- Identify valuable intellectual property developed or owned by Kinsta and ensure it is registered as appropriate
- Monitor Kinsta’s data privacy practices and ensure adherence with all relevant data privacy legislation
- Create or review contracts as necessary to support Kinsta’s business operations
Who you are:
- You have at least 5 years of post-qualification legal experience within the technology or SaaS industry either at a law firm or in-house
- You have a Law degree and are admitted to the bar in at least one US state or are licensed to practice in England and Wales
- You have strong knowledge of global data privacy legislation. GDPR is a must-have, other privacy-related issues, such as CCPA, CPRA, etc. are desired
- You have experience with intellectual property laws (copyright, trademark enforcement, appropriate transfer of IP rights, etc.)
- You are an excellent communicator and speak English with native-level fluency
- You are able to quickly learn, master, and think creatively about new areas of law and tech
- You are flexible, well-organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced technology environment
- Experience working remotely, ideally for a fully-distributed company
- General familiarity with employment law in the United States, UK, or the European Union
What we offer:
- Fully remote culture with a globally distributed, international team. You can work anywhere with appropriate internet access
- We offer a flexible and relaxed working environment where everyone can work in peace
- In order to ensure that everyone has time to rest and recharge, we offer Flexible paid time off
- Our positions offer a great deal of opportunity to learn and grow with the company
Kinsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and we will take actions to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Kinsta's motivated team is scattered across the globe
You're in luck! We're actively looking for more talented and tech-savvy co-workers to join our awesome team. If you’re willing to learn a bunch of exciting new technologies at an innovative growing tech company, then please get in touch.
Life at Kinsta
Kinsta is a fun and welcoming place where our team members connect to each other around the things they love: travel, learning new languages, reading, family, pets, and more. Kinsta is also a place where quality work gets done.
We expect everyone to be honest and forthright with their ideas and contributions. Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals.
We're looking for people who can take the initiative and contribute ideas anywhere in the company. We promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment.
What we offer
Remote working environment
Remote expense budget
Kinsta annual retreat
Competitive base salary
Flexible PTO so that you can rest and recharge
Training budget to support you in your career development
How we review and select newcomers
You apply for one of our open positions
We might ask you to complete a short assessment (a video or a test)
We invite you to an initial HR call, so that we can get to know each other
We invite you to one or two rounds of more in-depth, technical interviews with the hiring manager and the team
If you've successfully passed all interview rounds, you’ll receive an offer from us
Once you've accepted our offer, you'll have to pass a background check
Welcome on board!