Product Design Team Lead
Kinsta is a premium managed WordPress hosting provider designed for all types of businesses, small or large. We're the first to be exclusively powered by Google Cloud Platform while utilizing an isolated container system. We believe that constant availability and an outstanding user experience are a must. That’s why we always utilize the latest software and most advanced technology to power our infrastructure.
- Full-time Remote
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company, with a growing club of 25,000+ customers including startups, universities and Fortune 500 firms. We're motivated by excellent quality, and proud to have received a 97% satisfaction rating from our customers. At Kinsta, we offer a remote-first and flexible environment, where our team members feel empowered to make an impact from wherever their hearts call them to go!
As a Product Design Team Lead, you will manage a team of Product Designers, and outline and maintain the product vision on a set of product areas at Kinsta. We expect you are an established Product Designer with a track record, so creating concept-level design that's also thoughtful to the details are second nature to you. And at this point in your career either you're shifting or are already focusing on leading a team: managing designers, delegating tasks, and helping them succeed by providing feedback and mentoring.
What You Will Do:
- Take design ownership of a dedicated set of product areas
- Break down larger projects into actionable items and help define scope
- You will balance the long-term design vision with a iterative approach
- Work in close collaboration with other teams (Research, Product Management, Development) and stakeholders
- Create concept level strategic design in Figma
- Help Product Designers by providing feedback, mentoring, and maintaining a high level of design craft in the team
- Review work in progress, both in the design and the implementation phase, and validate it against the strategic design to keep the product's design vision on track
- Contribute to our Design team operations by enhancing team workflows and design processes
- You'll need to adopt a deep technical understanding of our industry, and learning by your own research will probably be an everyday routine.
Who You Are:
- You have more than 5 years of experience working as a Product Designer or UX Designer, and more than 1 year in a leadership role (either being a Design Manager or taking responsibility for a cross-functional team), which you can showcase with a portfolio or a case study
- You have experience working on a SaaS product in the technology industry
- You have hands-on experience and to all steps of the design thinking process: research, problem definition, ideation, creating UI, and prototyping
- You have an advanced skill set with Figma for UI design, creating a design system and prototypes
- You have experience in facilitating workshops for team rituals, real-time collaboration, and co-creation
- You have a basic understanding of web development technologies, meaning you know how a browser works and can play around with a page in the inspector
- You know how to collaborate in a cross-functional team and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Flexible and remote-first environment.
- Annual remote expense budget.
- Flexible PTO.
- Paid parental leave.
- Annual professional development budget: available after one year with Kinsta.
- Sabbatical: available after three years with Kinsta (and every three years thereafter).
- Location-specific healthcare benefits (includes vision and dental) for employees hired in the USA, UK and Hungary.
- Pension plan for employees hired in the UK, and 401k contributions for employees hired in the USA.
Kinsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and we will take actions to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Kinsta's motivated team is scattered across the globe
You're in luck! We're actively looking for more talented and tech-savvy co-workers to join our awesome team. If you’re willing to learn a bunch of exciting new technologies at an innovative growing tech company, then please get in touch.
Life at Kinsta
Kinsta is a fun and welcoming place where our team members connect to each other around the things they love: travel, learning new languages, reading, family, pets, and more. Kinsta is also a place where quality work gets done.
We expect everyone to be honest and forthright with their ideas and contributions. Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals.
We're looking for people who can take the initiative and contribute ideas anywhere in the company. We promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment.
What we offer
Remote working environment
Remote expense budget
Kinsta annual retreat
Competitive base salary
Flexible PTO so that you can rest and recharge
Training budget to support you in your career development
How we review and select newcomers
You apply for one of our open positions
We might ask you to complete a short assessment (a video or a test)
We invite you to an initial HR call, so that we can get to know each other
We invite you to one or two rounds of more in-depth, technical interviews with the hiring manager and the team
If you've successfully passed all interview rounds, you’ll receive an offer from us
Once you've accepted our offer, you'll have to pass a background check
Welcome on board!