Account Manager - Japanese Market - Remote
Kinsta is a premium managed WordPress hosting provider designed for all types of businesses, small or large. We're the first to be exclusively powered by Google Cloud Platform while utilizing an isolated container system. We believe that constant availability and an outstanding user experience are a must. That’s why we always utilize the latest software and most advanced technology to power our infrastructure.
- Full-time Remote
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company, with a growing club of 25,000+ customers including startups, universities and Fortune 500 firms. We're motivated by excellent quality, and proud to have received a 97% satisfaction rating from our customers. At Kinsta, we offer a remote-first and flexible environment. We're a highly-driven team that loves making an impact, and we trust in each other so much that we don't need to be tied by spaces or borders to build a brighter future together.
We are looking for an Account Manager to help us work with customers to provide solutions and options to complex, technical, and non-technical situations for the Japanese market and our customers as a whole. At its core, the Account Manager's role is that of a partner to produce increased customer satisfaction and retention.As Kinsta's Account Manager, you will be reporting to our Director of Client Success. In this position, instead of working in a sales capacity, you will primarily work with customers on plan changes, as Account Management at Kinsta is centered around providing solutions rather than focusing on upselling.
What You Will Do:
- Propose custom plan solutions and options for customers as applicable. Create custom plan proposals based on customer needs using tools and workflows.
- Work with customers and our teams to determine customer needs regarding their traffic expectations by reviewing analytics, site performance, and other applicable data. Create proposals using tools and workflows based on the information gathered and the customer's needs.
- Engage with customers in situations where repeat issues may affect their Kinsta experience. Work with the customer and our teams to achieve resolution.
- Share both positive and important feedback received from customers using established internal channels.
- Work with other customer-facing teams on the customer's behalf to provide continued troubleshooting or resolution information.
Who You Are:
- Business Fluent in English and Japanese.
- Experienced in a customer-facing role in the web hosting or PaaS industries.
- Can conduct challenging conversations with customers, and have the personality that can maintain when working through such situations.
- Want to work directly with customers daily.
- Kind, patient, and firm when applying company policies to customer inquiries.
- Technical experience with WordPress, Linux, NGINX, PHP, or MySQL would be a great added bonus.
- Flexible and remote-first environment.
- Annual remote expense budget.
- Flexible PTO.
- Paid parental leave.
- Annual professional development budget: available after one year with Kinsta.
- Sabbatical: available after three years with Kinsta (and every three years thereafter).
- Location-specific healthcare benefits (includes vision and dental) for employees hired in the USA, UK and Hungary.
- Pension plan for employees hired in the UK, and 401k contributions for employees hired in the USA.
Kinsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and we will take actions to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Kinsta's motivated team is scattered across the globe
You're in luck! We're actively looking for more talented and tech-savvy co-workers to join our awesome team. If you’re willing to learn a bunch of exciting new technologies at an innovative growing tech company, then please get in touch.
Life at Kinsta
Kinsta is a fun and welcoming place where our team members connect to each other around the things they love: travel, learning new languages, reading, family, pets, and more. Kinsta is also a place where quality work gets done.
We expect everyone to be honest and forthright with their ideas and contributions. Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals.
We're looking for people who can take the initiative and contribute ideas anywhere in the company. We promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment.
What we offer
Remote working environment
Remote expense budget
Kinsta annual retreat
Competitive base salary
Flexible PTO so that you can rest and recharge
Training budget to support you in your career development
How we review and select newcomers
You apply for one of our open positions
We might ask you to complete a short assessment (a video or a test)
We invite you to an initial HR call, so that we can get to know each other
We invite you to one or two rounds of more in-depth, technical interviews with the hiring manager and the team
If you've successfully passed all interview rounds, you’ll receive an offer from us
Once you've accepted our offer, you'll have to pass a background check
Welcome on board!