Editorial Team Lead
Kinsta is a premium managed WordPress hosting provider designed for all types of businesses, small or large. We're the first to be exclusively powered by Google Cloud Platform while utilizing an isolated container system. We believe that constant availability and an outstanding user experience are a must. That’s why we always utilize the latest software and most advanced technology to power our infrastructure.
- Full-time Remote
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company, with a growing club of 25,000+ customers including startups, universities and Fortune 500 firms. We're motivated by excellent quality, and proud to have received a 97% satisfaction rating from our customers. At Kinsta, we offer a remote-first and flexible environment. We're a highly-driven team that loves making an impact, and we trust in each other so much that we don't need to be tied by spaces or borders to build a brighter future together.
The Content Team at Kinsta is essential to the growth and success of our company. As Editorial Team Lead, your role will be focused on leading our team of in-house editors and freelance writers, ensuring our quality standards across all published content, and being the driver of our editorial publishing schedule. You will be reporting to our Head of Content and work with our team of four Editors, as well as the rest of our Marketing Team.
What You Will Do:
- Drive Kinsta's editorial publishing schedule
- Work with the Head of Content to determine content and topics and support our strategy
- Ensure that our content meets the highest standards and improve overall editorial quality
- Make edits to ensure content is accurate and up-to-date
- Foster a work environment within the Editorial team that is characterized by collaboration, creativity, mutual respect, and responsibility
- Perform lead responsibilities, including performance reviews, hiring and interviewing, as well as managing and mentoring team members
Who You Are:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience reviewing, editing, and writing highly technical content.
- Proficient in written and spoken English with superior writing and strong editing skills.
- An organized professional with experience leading and coordinating other in-house editors and third-party providers.
- Basic knowledge of SEO and its role.
- Working knowledge of PHP and database software (MySQL, MongoDB, MariaDB, or PostgreSQL).
- Working knowledge of Jamstack/Static Sites and headless/decoupled architecture.
- Flexible and remote-first environment.
- Annual remote expense budget.
- Flexible PTO.
- Paid parental leave.
- Annual professional development budget: available after one year with Kinsta.
- Sabbatical: available after three years with Kinsta (and every three years thereafter).
- Location-specific healthcare benefits (includes vision and dental) for employees hired in the USA, UK and Hungary.
- Pension plan for employees hired in the UK, and 401k contributions for employees hired in the USA.
Kinsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and we will take actions to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Kinsta's motivated team is scattered across the globe
You're in luck! We're actively looking for more talented and tech-savvy co-workers to join our awesome team. If you’re willing to learn a bunch of exciting new technologies at an innovative growing tech company, then please get in touch.
Life at Kinsta
Kinsta is a fun and welcoming place where our team members connect to each other around the things they love: travel, learning new languages, reading, family, pets, and more. Kinsta is also a place where quality work gets done.
We expect everyone to be honest and forthright with their ideas and contributions. Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals.
We're looking for people who can take the initiative and contribute ideas anywhere in the company. We promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment.
What we offer
Remote working environment
Remote expense budget
Kinsta annual retreat
Competitive base salary
Flexible PTO so that you can rest and recharge
Training budget to support you in your career development
How we review and select newcomers
You apply for one of our open positions
We might ask you to complete a short assessment (a video or a test)
We invite you to an initial HR call, so that we can get to know each other
We invite you to one or two rounds of more in-depth, technical interviews with the hiring manager and the team
If you've successfully passed all interview rounds, you’ll receive an offer from us
Once you've accepted our offer, you'll have to pass a background check
Welcome on board!
Other job openings
DevOps Engineer (Analytics)
We are looking for a professional DevOps (Analytics) Engineer to help us maintain the best performing hosting architecture on the market. The DevOps engineer will report ...
Senior Account Executive
The Sales Team at Kinsta is the engine of our company, and we are looking for a Senior Account Executive to sell Kinsta's platform through outbound ...
We're looking for a Technical Copywriter to create engaging copy designed for prospects and customers. You will play a crucial role by helping the Demand Generation ...