Cannabidiol (CBD) is of growing interest around the world. However, the legality of products containing CBD is a complex web of often-conflicting laws.
If you have a site that deals with CBD, and are wondering if you can host the site at Kinsta, the answer is: It depends.
In this article we’ll provide a summary of how Kinsta approaches the question of CBD. If you have any further questions about hosting a site related to CBD at Kinsta, please get in touch.
Sites Hosted at Kinsta Must Comply With the Law
Our Terms of Service state that Kinsta’s hosting platform must not be used to violate the law. Therefore, sites related to CBD are allowed as long as they comply with the law.
Laws pertaining to CBD vary between jurisdictions and often change. You should consult with a qualified attorney to determine how these laws apply to you. Kinsta cannot provide legal advice. It is your responsibility to ensure that your use of Kinsta’s Services is in full compliance with all applicable laws.
CBD Sites That Can Be Hosted by Kinsta
In general, sites related to CBD are permitted, provided that they meet the following criteria:
- Any products marketed, sold, or recommended contain CBD derived from hemp containing less than .3% THC (Delta-9 or Delta-8).
- Any products marketed, sold, or recommended are derived from hemp grown under and distributed in compliance with an appropriate legal framework or program.
- Any products marketed, sold, or recommended are regularly lab tested.
- In addition, if you’re operating a site related to CBD, you must be committed to complying with the law, including any regulatory or law enforcement action related to CBD products.
If you have any questions about hosting a site related to CBD at Kinsta not answered above, open a new chat with our Support team.
Save time, costs and maximize site performance with:
- Instant help from WordPress hosting experts, 24/7.
- Cloudflare Enterprise integration.
- Global audience reach with 35 data centers worldwide.
- Optimization with our built-in Application Performance Monitoring.