Pointing domains to Kinsta from GoDaddy is an easy process.
There are 2 ways to point your domain’s traffic to Kinsta:
- Updating your A record / IP address
- Updating your Name Servers
First, let’s see how to update your A record / IP address on GoDaddy.
1. Log in to your GoDaddy administration panel and click on the Manage button next to Domains.
3. Select DNS zone file tab and click on the Edit record icon.
The IPv4 address (A record) of your site can be found on the Kinsta dashboard under “Sites/Install details” for a given site.
5. Click Finish. You’ve successfully updated your A record.
If you would like to use Kinsta’s free premium DNS service via Amazon Route53 and only update your name servers at GoDaddy, here is a guide on how to do it.
1. Log in to your GoDaddy administration panel and click on Manage domains.
2. Check the box of the domain you wish to point to Kinsta and click Nameservers/Set Nameservers.
3. Select the Custom setup type and click Enter custom name servers.
You’ve now successfully updated your name servers.