Senior Product Designer
Kinsta is a premium managed WordPress hosting provider designed for all types of businesses, small or large. We're the first to be exclusively powered by Google Cloud Platform while utilizing an isolated container system. We believe that constant availability and an outstanding user experience are a must. That’s why we always utilize the latest software and most advanced technology to power our infrastructure.
- Full-time Remote
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting-edge technology, and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe, with team members hailing from every continent but Antarctica! This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned senior product designer to join a 100% remote, globally distributed company!
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for representing a user-focused mentality throughout the product development process, creating products from concept to UI level execution that adheres to this. The Senior Product Designer will research and design features, create prototypes, and provide the Technology team with user-centered insights and guidance. The ideal Senior Product Designer will have a high degree of attention to detail, a high level of empathy, can easily convey complex ideas, and inspire others.
Product Design at Kinsta means working on both product and service levels on a portfolio of products that touch upon customer experience and internal workflows. While doing our job, we wear both UX and UI hats, so we conduct research, understand underlying technologies, map user journeys, craft solutions from UI copywriting to UI design, and collaborate with developers to bring all this to life.
- Take design ownership of a complex project from concept to shipping.
- Break down larger projects into actionable items and define scope.
- Balance long-term design goals with a fast-moving iterative approach.
- Collaborate with Research, Product, Development, and Engineering teams.
- Create high-fidelity UI in Figma.
- Create handover specifications.
- Help other Product Designers with design critique and review.
- Review development work in progress, validate it with a user-focused approach, identify usability problems, and review it against the UX concept.
- Research and analyze competitors, and find best practices and new sources of inspiration.
- Improve our design system.
- You have 5 years of experience working as a Product Designer or UX Designer, which you can showcase with a portfolio and a thorough case study.
- You’re hands-on experience working through all steps of the design thinking workflow: research, need-finding, problem definition, ideation, creating UI, and prototyping.
- You have a methodical approach to usability and handle complexity at scale.
- You’re capable of working with Figma for UI design and prototypes and FigJam for flows and virtual whiteboarding.
- You have a basic understanding of web development technologies (HTML, CSS, JS), meaning you know how a browser works and can play around with a page in the inspector.
- You have excellent English written and verbal communication skills, including collaborating with developers, coordinating with stakeholders, and articulating design decisions.
- You’re proactive, have a doer mentality, and are hungry to learn.
Bonus points if:
- You have a thorough understanding of development workflows (Git, CI/CD) or customer-facing team tooling (support communications and ticketing, CRM)
- You have past experience working in a development or engineering role
- You’re experienced working on a B2B or cloud infrastructure product
- We are a fully remote culture with a globally distributed, international team. You can work anywhere with appropriate internet access
- Relaxed working environment with a reasonable working schedule, no overtime, and flexible paid time off
- Remote expense budget and personal career development budget
- A fantastic team with a collaborative and iterative workflow, so you never work in a vacuum
- This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, and opportunity for growth
Kinsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and we will take actions to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Kinsta's motivated team is scattered across the globe
You're in luck! We're actively looking for more talented and tech-savvy co-workers to join our awesome team. If you’re willing to learn a bunch of exciting new technologies at an innovative growing tech company, then please get in touch.
Life at Kinsta
Kinsta is a fun and welcoming place where our team members connect to each other around the things they love: travel, learning new languages, reading, family, pets, and more. Kinsta is also a place where quality work gets done.
We expect everyone to be honest and forthright with their ideas and contributions. Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals.
We're looking for people who can take the initiative and contribute ideas anywhere in the company. We promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment.
What we offer
Remote working environment
Remote expense budget
Kinsta annual retreat
Competitive base salary
Flexible PTO so that you can rest and recharge
Training budget to support you in your career development
How we review and select newcomers
You apply for one of our open positions
We might ask you to complete a short assessment (a video or a test)
We invite you to an initial HR call, so that we can get to know each other
We invite you to one or two rounds of more in-depth, technical interviews with the hiring manager and the team
If you've successfully passed all interview rounds, you’ll receive an offer from us
Once you've accepted our offer, you'll have to pass a background check
Welcome on board!