Although RAIDBOXES shares some similarities with Kinsta, as a WordPress-specific managed hosting provider, it isn’t backed by the same innovative technologies, global high-performance network, and 24/7 support team that sets Kinsta apart.
With its single data center location, RAIDBOXES offers localized hosting for the German market. Furthermore, RAIDBOXES’ plans don’t come with a CDN, which means it’s not a suitable option for WordPress sites that also want to target visitors and customers outside Germany. In this in-depth comparison, we’ll explain what makes Kinsta so different from other providers such as RAIDBOXES, and explore the many benefits of using Kinsta as your managed WordPress host.
How Kinsta Compares to RAIDBOXES in a Nutshell
Before we take a deep dive into the specifics of Kinsta versus RAIDBOXES, we want to give you a brief overview of the biggest differences between the two hosting platforms.
Kinsta is the highest-rated managed WordPress host on G2, the world’s leading software review and comparison site:
#1 WordPress Hosting Provider by G2
Kinsta is powered exclusively by the Google Cloud Platform and Google’s premium-tier network, which enables us to maximize the speed, performance, and security of every website hosted with us.
Let’s take a look at some of the other major differences between Kinsta versus RAIDBOXES:
- Kinsta is a leading provider of WordPress hosting, and a recommended WordPress host by Google Cloud Platform. We offer a high-performance containerized WordPress hosting solution that can autoscale CPU and RAM resources based on load. RAIDBOXES’ plans are not autoscaling, and have CPU and RAM limits. For example, their “Pro” plan is limited to 2 CPUs and 4 GB of RAM.
- Kinsta uses the fastest compute-optimized servers from Google Cloud Platform, as well as Google Cloud’s premium tier global network for all our customers regardless of the plan.
- Kinsta has a strong global presence with 24 high-performance data center locations around the world, with a Frankfurt location in Germany. RAIDBOXES only offers a single hosting location in Germany.
- Kinsta includes a free CDN with 34 POPs worldwide on all plans. RAIDBOXES plans do not include a free CDN.
- Kinsta offers six kinds of backups with every plan, including automatic/daily, optional hourly, manual, system generated, downloadable, and external backups to Amazon S3 or Google Cloud Storage. RAIDBOXES only provides two backup options, and you do not have the option to download backups or transfer them to an external cloud storage provider for safe keeping.
- Our custom MyKinsta dashboard includes a variety of useful tools that go beyond site management like one-click SSL creation, URL redirects, database search and replace, one-click staging feature, HTTP auth password protection, built-in Application Monitor Tool, ionCube Loader, DevKinsta integration (push & pull functionality), and more. RAIDBOXES dashboard is primarily focused on site management tools.
- Kinsta’s Starter plan includes 10 GB of fast SSD storage, while RAIDBOXES’ “Fully Managed” plan only includes 5 GB of storage.
- Kinsta plans include everything you need to maximize the security and performance of your WordPress site. We provide premium Cloudflare DNS, 720x uptime monitoring every single day, GeoIP blocking, DDoS protection, free malware removals, and an intelligent firewall powered by Cloudflare. RAIDBOXES does not provide a premium DNS service and DDoS protection, and malware removal is an add-on service that costs €80 per hour.
- Kinsta’s multilingual support team made up of over 120 WordPress experts is available 24/7. RAIDBOXES does not offer 24/7 support, which means you may need to wait up to 12 hours to talk to a support agent.
- All Kinsta plans come with free access to our Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tool for troubleshooting performance issues on your WordPress site. RAIDBOXES does not have a built-in APM solution.
Try it out for yourself with our free MyKinsta dashboard demo! Register your account to see the user-friendly interface and explore our various tools.
Kinsta is Built for Performance and Scalability
If you’re looking for a performance-oriented and scalable host, Kinsta’s got you covered. Unlike other managed WordPress hosts such as RAIDBOXES, giving customers access to the fastest cloud infrastructure is our number priority. Our custom-built platform is fully optimized to deliver incredible speed, performance, and scalability whether you’re running a personal blog or an ecommerce store doing millions a month in revenue.
At Kinsta, we only use the fastest technologies for our hosting stack. In a market where other hosts use low to mid-tier infrastructure to power their customers’ sites, Kinsta uses the fastest compute-optimized VMs available on Google Cloud Platform. To top it off, we make use of GCP’s Premium Tier network, which ensures traffic to and from our customers’ sites moves as fast as possible. When it comes to page load times and site performance, every second counts!
Google Cloud Platform’s fastest servers form the foundation of our hosting infrastructure. Beyond that, our high-performance hosting stack consists of orchestrated LXC containerized software containers and LXD managed hosts, and highly tuned configurations for Nginx, PHP, and MariaDB. Our unique containerized infrastructure allows sites hosted on Kinsta to scale CPU and RAM usage in response to traffic surges as needed.
I’ve tried multiple services including GoDaddy, Rackspace, InMotion Hosting, WP Engine, HostGator and homebrew solutions. Hands down, no questions or second thoughts, Kinsta is the best. Best support, Best performance.
MyKinsta: A Dashboard That’s Better Than the Competition
At Kinsta, we believe in empowering our customers with powerful features to make WordPress site management a breeze. Our custom-built MyKinsta dashboard does just this with tools like search and replace, SSL generation, force HTTPS, URL redirects, and more. MyKinsta even includes a comprehensive analytics dashboard that provides insights into key site metrics.
RAIDBOXES’ dashboard has a few tools like a WP_DEBUG toggle, cache purging, and HTTP authentication. However, it’s not as user-friendly and feature-rich as the MyKinsta dashboard. Let’s take a look at some of the features that make MyKinsta so powerful, many of which are not available in RAIDBOXES’ dashboard:
- One-click staging environments, and an option to restore backups to production or staging.
- Quick phpMyAdmin access.
- Premium DNS powered by Cloudflare, with easy DNS management right in MyKinsta.
- Detailed analytics and insights such as bandwidth and visitor data, CDN usage and insights, performance analysis data, and cache HIT and MISS ratio.
- A free high-performance CDN at no additional cost.
- A WordPress debugging tool.
- A search and replace tool to perform bulk database updates with ease.
- One-click PHP version switching, as well as a built-in PHP restart tool.
- Automatic MySQL database optimizations.
- A dashboard tool to purge the site cache.
- A one-click ionCube enabler.
- Free, one-click Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates, and the option to import your own.
- Simple password protection for your environment, with the option to add your SSH keys to the dashboard to strengthen security.
- A powerful built-in APM tool for troubleshooting WordPress performance issues.
- Collaborative multi-user support with different levels of permissions.
- A multilingual dashboard that’s available in 10 languages: English, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Japanese, Swedish, Danish, and Dutch.
- One-click access to our 24/7 expert support team.
Rather than just taking our word for it, why not test it out for yourself with our free MyKinsta demo? To get started, you only have to register for your free account. Then you can explore the user-friendly interface and tools to discover what makes MyKinsta unlike any other!
We value our clients’ feedback and are always striving to be better. This is why we regularly seek out opportunities to improve, and consider the requests and feedback we get from clients to enhance our offerings. If something can make your site or hosting experience even better, we want to hear about it!
Kinsta Has a Global Presence
Another advantage of hosting on Kinsta is access to a global network of data centers. Kinsta customers are able to launch WordPress sites in 24 locations around the world. For customers who are concerned with speed and latency within Europe, we support a number of hosting locations around Europe including Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, and more. Unlike Kinsta, RAIDBOXES only has a single hosting location in Germany.
Our current hosting locations include:
- Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA
- London, UK
- Sydney, Australia
- St. Ghislain, Belgium
- Changhua County, Taiwan
- Mumbai, India
- The Dalles, Oregon, USA
- Ashburn, Virginia, USA
- Moncks Corner, South Carolina, USA
- São Paulo, Brazil
- Seoul, South Korea.
- Salt Lake City, USA.
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Jurong West, Singapore
- Tokyo, Japan
- Montréal, Canada
- Eemshaven, Netherlands
- Hamina, Finland
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- Hong Kong
- Zürich, Switzerland
- Osaka, Japan
- Las Vegas, USA
- Jakarta, Indonesia
This is a much different experience than what you can expect to find with RAIDBOXES, who only provides customers with a single hosting location in Germany.
Kinsta is Developer-Friendly
At Kinsta, many of our team members are developers too. This is why everything we create, from the MyKinsta dashboard to our products and tools, is built with developers in mind. Our platform can help you enhance your productivity and workflow efficiency.
When you use Kinsta as your managed WordPress host, you’ll have access to a wide variety of developer-friendly features and tools that you wouldn’t necessarily get with a host like RAIDBOXES. Some of them include:
- Six types of backups: free automatic/daily, optional hourly, manual, system generated, downloadable, and automatic offsite backups to your Amazon S3 or Google Cloud storage. RAIDBOXES only provides a single type of backup.
- Faster search with the Elasticsearch add-on, as well as quicker database performance through the Redis add-on. RAIDBOXES does not offer Redis or ElasticSearch add-ons.
- The ability to load your site over reverse proxy on all plans. This isn’t available on RAIDBOXES’ plans.
- Kinsta lets you run a different version of PHP for every live and staging site, as well as switch your PHP version with the one-click feature directly from your MyKinsta dashboard.
- All Kinsta plans come with a free APM tool to help you diagnose performance bottlenecks on your WordPress sites.
- You can use DevKinsta (our local WordPress development tool) to push site updates directly to a Kinsta staging environment. RAIDBOXES does not have an integrated local development tool.
Free Performance Monitoring Tool
WordPress is a dynamic CMS, which means it’s constantly executing PHP code in the background. Depending on your theme and plugin configuration, it’s possible for your site to get bogged down with bloated and inefficient code.
That’s where APM (Application Performance Monitoring) tools can help. An APM monitors requests to your site, and tracks various metrics like external API requests, database queries, PHP execution time, and more. This information allows you to quickly debug and troubleshoot performance bottlenecks.
All Kinsta plans come with a free custom-built APM tool that can be easily accessed right in the MyKinsta dashboard. Kinsta APM provides you with key WordPress performance insights without the need for expensive third-party subscriptions to New Relic and other APM services.
With Kinsta APM, you can debug the following and more:
- Slow WordPress plugins and themes.
- Long calls to external APIs and domains.
- Unoptimized MySQL database queries.
RAIDBOXES plans do not come with a free APM tool, which makes it very difficult to quickly troubleshoot performance issues on your WordPress site.
Develop Locally with DevKinsta
For developers and agencies, Kinsta offers a simple to use (but powerful) local development tool called DevKinsta. With DevKinsta, you can launch WordPress sites with a full hosting stack and SSL support on your local computer with just a few clicks.
DevKinsta is fully integrated with MyKinsta and Kinsta’s hosting platform, which means you can develop locally and push updates directly to a staging environment on Kinsta! RAIDBOXES doesn’t have an integration with a local WordPress development tool, which means there is no way to clone and push WordPress sites for their customers. If you’re a busy freelance or agency developer, DevKinsta’s advanced features and MyKinsta integration can be a huge time saver.
Feature Comparison Overview
At this point, we want to take a moment to look at some of the biggest feature differences between Kinsta and RAIDBOXES:
|Pricing||Plans start at $30/month||Plans start at €15/month|
|Money-Back Guarantee||30 days on all plans||14 day free trial|
|Plan Tiers||10 (not including custom)||8|
|Premium 24×7 Support||All plans||X|
|Core Infrastructure||Same across all plans (GCP)||Not specified|
|SSH Access||All plans||All plans|
|Global Data Centers||24 locations||1 location|
|Bandwidth Limits||No limits (within AUP)||Not specified|
|Container Technology||100% resource isolation on all plans||Not specified|
|Free Migrations||All plans||All plans|
|Staging Environment||All plans||All plans|
|Firewall||All plans||Not specified|
|PHP Versions||PHP 7.3, 7.4, 8.0||PHP 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4|
|Free CDN||34 (All regions)||X|
|Free SSL Certificates||All plans||All plans|
|Free APM Tool||Kinsta APM||X|
|Uptime Monitoring||All plans (720 times per day)||All plans|
|Resource Limits||Only limited by PHP workers||Varies by plan|
|Multisite Support||Pro plans and higher||Pro plans and higher|
|Reverse Proxy Support||✓||Not specified|
|New Relic APM Support||✓||X|
|Multilingual Dashboard||English, Spanish, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, French, Swedish, Danish, Japan||English and German|
Safe and Secure
While RAIDBOXES offers malware scanning and removal with its plans, it’s available as an add-on service that costs €80/hour (included in their Fully Managed plan). At Kinsta, we make server and site security a mission-critical priority, regardless of your hosting plan. In addition to free malware scanning and removals, we take a number of active and passive measures to safeguard your site from malicious actors.
Some of Kinsta’s security features include:
- Monitoring your sites every two minutes for uptime, 720x every day.
- Real-time DDoS attack detection and mitigation.
- Isolated LXC containers.
- Strict software-based restrictions.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) .
- GeoIP blocking.
- An intelligent firewall powered by Cloudflare.
- Automated backups.
- IP deny tool in MyKinsta.
- Self-healing PHP.
- Support for encrypted SFTP and SSH connections (we don’t support insecure FTP).
We include premium uptime monitoring for all of your WordPress sites via our custom monitoring system. Kinsta plans also include a 100% hack-fix guarantee that covers malware removals. This means that in the rare event something happens to your site, we’ll fix it free of charge instead of charging an expensive hourly rate.
Free WordPress Migrations
Instead of you having to install and configure complicated migration plugins, our skilled team of WordPress experts handle the entire migration process for you! This eliminates the need for you to deal with complex technology or risk losing critical data. All of our plans from Starter to Enterprise include one or more free migrations from RAIDBOXES!
To get started, simply complete our site migration request form, and a member from our team will reach out to schedule a time. You can also track the migration’s status directly from your MyKinsta dashboard.
Web Performance Benchmarks
The performance of your WordPress site directly impacts SEO, user experience, bounce rate, and more. Therefore, it’s extremely important to choose a high-performance WordPress host to ensure your site loads as fast as possible!
Here are the results of a benchmark test conducted with WebPageTest.org that shows the performance differences between Kinsta and RAIDBOXES from 10 locations around the world.
Turbocharging Your Content Delivery with Kinsta CDN
Kinsta includes a free CDN with every plan, which you can easily enable for your sites from the MyKinsta dashboard. RAIDBOXES’ plans don’t come with a free CDN, which means you’ll need to spend more money to get the benefits of a CDN.
KinstaCDN is a free HTTP/2 and IPv6-enabled Content Delivery Network (CDN). Our content delivery architecture is optimized for high throughput and low latency, and includes 34 global POPs across the globe to further turbocharge the delivery of your assets. These locations span all major regions, including Europe, Australia, South America, North America, Asia, and Africa!
Expert Support for WordPress
At Kinsta, our customers are our top priority. No problem is too big or too small for our team of WordPress experts. We don’t have a tiered support system, which means you’ll always receive prompt and efficient help from a qualified engineer.
We’re always here to help with 24/7 premium support, regardless of your plan. No matter what time of day it is or where you are in the world, you’ll be able to chat with our knowledgeable support team via Intercom, a unified customer messaging platform.
In addition to being knowledgeable and convenient, our support is also incredibly quick. We have an average initial ticket response time of under two minutes! We also offer multilingual support with German support between 06:00 and 14:00 UTC, and we have a knowledge base with detailed resources available in 10 languages.
We also monitor websites every two minutes for uptime. So if there’s ever an issue with your site, we’ll get in touch with you ASAP. Unlike Kinsta, RAIDBOXES has limited support hours. This means if you experience an issue on RAIDBOXES, you may have to wait over 12 hours before you receive a response. For mission-critical sites, the lack of 24/7 support can have a huge impact on revenue and user experience.
Tech support provided by Kinsta support team [is] on point. Quick, simple and always available on chat! I was trying to import a 631Mb MySQL Database. WPE took 2 days to complete this task, Kinsta tech support had this imported for me in under 30 mins. We currently manage sites located on various servers around the world on 1&1, GoDaddy, SiteGround, DreamHost, InMotion and Fashosts. We’ll be migrating these over since Kinsta has proven their worth!.
Best Affiliate Program in the Industry
Kinsta always strives to exceed our clients’ expectations. Our satisfied customers are eager to spread the word about Kinsta managed WordPress hosting, and this has helped propel us to become one of the fastest-growing hosts in the industry.
It’s also one of the reasons we provide one of the highest-paying affiliate programs you can find. As a Kinsta affiliate partner, you can earn as much as $500 for every signup, depending on the plan. Plus, you’ll receive a 10% monthly recurring commission for the lifetime of the referred customer. Kinsta customers have an extremely low churn rate, so telling your audience about Kinsta is a great way to develop a passive income stream.
We make things simple and straightforward for our affiliates. This is why we use a custom WordPress hosting affiliate dashboard, to prevent you from having to deal with complex third-party platforms.
RAIDBOXES also has an affiliate program. However, the tiers, commission structure, and “minimum customer loyalty” duration can be confusing, so it’s difficult to know upfront how much you’ll be able to make.
Join Others Making the Switch to Kinsta
We take innovation seriously, and are proud to offer the fastest and latest hosting technologies for WordPress users around the world. This is why we’re always evolving and leveraging the best solutions available. If you check out our many feature updates, you’ll see that no other hosting provider releases new tools, features, and integrations at the rate we do.
We are confident in our managed WordPress hosting solutions, and want you to be completely satisfied with your hosting. This is why we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re ready to make the move from RAIDBOXES and switch to a global WordPress hosting platform powered by GCP’s fastest servers, try out Kinsta risk-free for 30 days!