Kinsta is powered exclusively by Google Cloud Platform and we utilize Google Cloud’s premium tier global network to ensure your site loads even faster. Kinsta is recommended by Google Cloud as a fully-managed WordPress hosting solution.
All of our support engineers are WordPress developers, they create WordPress themes, plugins and contribute back to the core. 24/7 support is available for all of our customers 365 days a year. Read a little more about Kinsta’s history in our Google Cloud case study.
Based on independent tests from Review Signal, Kinsta was among the highest-performing WordPress hosts. For the fifth year in a row, we earned the Top Tier WordPress Hosting Performance award.
You have the option to choose from 34 data centers for your site. Each of your sites can have a different data center as we utilize multi-regional deployments.
- Changhua County, Taiwan (asia-east1)
- Hong Kong (asia-east2)
- Tokyo, Japan (asia-northeast1)
- Osaka, Japan (asia-northeast2)
- Seoul, South Korea (asia-northeast3)
- Mumbai, India (asia-south1)
- Delhi, India (asia-south2)
- Jurong West, Singapore (asia-southeast1)
- Jakarta, Indonesia (asia-southeast2)
- Sydney, Australia (australia-southeast1)
- Melbourne, Australia (australia-southeast2)
- Warsaw, Poland (europe-central2)
- Hamina, Finland (europe-north1)
- Madrid, Spain (europe-southwest1)
- St. Ghislain, Belgium (europe-west1)
- London, United Kingdom (europe-west2)
- Frankfurt, Germany (europe-west3)
- Eemshaven, Netherlands (europe-west4)
- Zurich, Switzerland (europe-west6)
- Milan, Italy (europe-west8)
- Paris, France (europe-west9)
- Montréal, Canada (northamerica-northeast1)
- Toronto, Canada (northamerica-northeast2)
- São Paulo, Brazil (southamerica-east1)
- Santiago, Chile (southamerica-west1)
- Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA (us-central1)
- Moncks Corner, South Carolina, USA (us-east1)
- Ashburn, Virginia, USA (us-east4)
- Columbus, Ohio, USA (us-east5)
- Dallas, Texas, USA (us-south1)
- The Dalles, Oregon, USA (us-west1)
- Los Angeles, California, USA (us-west2)
- Salt Lake City, Utah, USA (us-west3)
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA (us-west4)
Our hosting platform doesn’t fall into any of the traditional hosting categories. Our entire infrastructure is built on the Google Cloud Platform and is very different from traditional shared, VPS, or dedicated infrastructure. Furthermore, we make GCP’s compute-optimized C2 machines (Google’s fastest servers) and premium tier network available for all our customers at no additional charge.
Kinsta utilizes LXD managed hosts and orchestrated LXC software containers for each site. What this means is that every WordPress site is housed in its own isolated container, which has all of the software resources required to run it (Linux, Nginx, PHP, MySQL). The resources are 100% private and are not shared between anyone else or even your own sites.
All sites on Kinsta are protected by our Cloudflare integration, which includes an enterprise-level firewall with application-specific rulesets, automatic wildcard SSL certificates, and DDoS protection. Unlike other managed WordPress hosts that charge extra for WAF and DDoS protection, our Cloudflare integration is completely free for all Kinsta customers.
All of our plans come with the following:
- Free Kinsta CDN, automatic Cloudflare wildcard SSLs, free premium DNS powered by Amazon Route53 staging environments, automatic daily backups and the option to create manual backup points anytime.
- Full page caching at the server-level to deliver content almost instantaneously to visitors. We also pair that with our Kinsta MU plugin, developed in-house, to provide even more granular control over caching.
- PHP 7.4, and 8.0.
- Free hack fixes. If a client’s WordPress website is hacked we’ll fix it with immediate priority.
- Server-level rules and optimizations for WooCommerce and Easy Digital Download sites to ensure a smoother checkout experience for customers.
- A custom-designed dashboard with lots of data that helps you improve further your site.You can launch a free live demo version of our MyKinsta dashboard here.
- MyKinsta analytics reports for data analysis and performance insights.
- Multi-user access with fine-grained permissions. Add any number of users to your team. Give them access to all your sites, just billing or add them as developers or administrators to a subset of your sites.
- Free Kinsta APM tool for debugging performance issues on your site.
- SSH access, Git, and WP-CLI.
- Full integration (clone to local environment, and push changes to Kinsta) with DevKinsta, our local development tool.
- All of our plans include one or more free premium migrations, completed by our expert support team. The number of migrations included depends on the plan you choose. We also have an offer running right now where we offer unlimited free basic migrations from other hosts.
Read more about our hosting architecture here.
Founded in 2013 by four friends, Kinsta’s unique story started differently when compared to other hosting companies as it was entirely bootstrapped right from its inception. As Tom Zsomborgi, Chief Business Officer at Kinsta, recalls:
In the first few years, we wanted to own 100% of our business and were absolutely fine with slower growth that’s more controlled. […] When it comes to raising money, you have to weigh the pros and cons and prioritize things that are important to you. We stuck to our original idea and so we’re a self-funded (I like the term client funded) and bootstrapped business.
Kinsta’s unique approach to funding allowed the company to grow to what it is today: globally distributed business serving 23,000+ customers in 10 languages, powered by 270 happy employees, focusing on delivering the best customer experience when it comes to speed, technology, and support.
Kinsta is always looking for talented people, so make sure to check our open positions. And if you’d like to receive news about the company, hear first about new features, and receive tutorials, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
How We Stack Up
For even more details on how we are different than WP Engine, SiteGround, and other hosting providers please take a look at these pages:
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
We stand behind the quality of our service. We are proud to offer a 30-day money-back guarantee with no long-term contracts.
Logos and Media
The official Kinsta logos can be found here: https://kinsta.com/press/.
Who founded Kinsta?
Kinsta was founded in 2013 by four friends: Mark Gavalda (currently CEO at Kinsta) Anita Dunai (currently Head of Local Operations), Peter Sziraki (currently Senior Support Engineer), and Tom Zsomborgi (currently Chief Business Officer).
Is Kinsta funded?
Kinsta is entirely bootstrapped, right from its inception.
How many Data Centers does Kinsta have?
Kinsta customers can choose from 34 data centers from around the world, allowing them to choose the closest data center to their website visitors.
What type of hosting is Kinsta?
Kinsta is a fully-managed WordPress hosting solution.
Who are Kinsta’s main competitors?
Save time, costs and maximize site performance with:
- Instant help from WordPress hosting experts, 24/7.
- Cloudflare Enterprise integration.
- Global audience reach with 34 data centers worldwide.
- Optimization with our built-in Application Performance Monitoring.