How can you start earning commissions and building a source of recurring revenue with the Kinsta Affiliate program and its commissions?
We want to help you maximize the results you get from your efforts. To that end, we’re going to share 15+ affiliate marketing tips to help you generate more sales, increase your conversion rates, and just generally better promote Kinsta.
Because the Kinsta affiliate program offers recurring commissions, these tips will not just help you increase your one-time commissions, but they’ll also help you build a recurring revenue stream that will keep paying you in the future.
Let’s dig in so that you can start promoting…
15+ Affiliate Marketing Tips to Earn Money With Kinsta
1. Add Kinsta “Powered” Links and Banners to Your Footer
One of the simplest ways to drive traffic to Kinsta is to include a “Powered by Kinsta” link or banner in the footer of your WordPress site.
While it’s in a relatively unobtrusive position, you’d be surprised by the number of people who will click through these links.
Your regular readers return to your site because they respect your opinions and knowledge, so seeing that your own sites are powered by Kinsta will naturally attract their attention.
On most modern WordPress themes, you can add content to your footer using the WordPress widget system. Make sure to follow best practices for affiliate links. Namely, using the rel=”nofollow” attribute, or following Google’s more recent advise to use the rel=s”sponsored” attribute.
2. Link to Conversion-Optimized Landing Pages
If you want to maximize your affiliate sales, you shouldn’t just be concerned with the number of clicks that you can drive to Kinsta, you also need to consider the conversion rate of the traffic that you send to Kinsta.
Now, we make sure that every marketing page on Kinsta is optimized for conversions, but the highest-converting Kinsta page will still depend on what type of traffic you’re sending.
For example, if you’re writing a post about creating a WooCommerce store, you’ll likely have a better conversion rate if you link to our dedicated WooCommerce hosting landing page rather than our generic homepage.
The WooCommerce hosting page is optimized specifically to convert people who are interested in your content (WooCommerce, in this case). That means you can achieve a higher conversion rate just by changing where you send your affiliate clicks.
Here are some links to our conversion-optimized pages for various scenarios:
- Most common WordPress errors – link to this when you want to provide help thanks to an extensive guide.
- WordPress hosting – this makes a good option when discussing generic WordPress hosting.
- Plans/Pricing – link to this when you’re discussing pricing or when you want to send people straight to the plan details (like at the end of a lengthy review where you’ve already discussed Kinsta’s features).
- Clients/testimonials – link to this when you want to feature social proof.
- WooCommerce – link to this when writing about WooCommerce or eCommerce.
- Enterprise hosting – link to this when your target audience is enterprises.
- Agency – link to this if you’re consulting or working with agencies.
- Managed WordPress hosting – link to this when discussing the benefits of managed WordPress hosting.
- Security – link to this when discussing WordPress security.
- Google Cloud hosting – link to this when discussing cloud hosting
- MyKinsta dashboard – link to this when talking about Kinsta’s ease of use or user experience.
- WP Engine alternative – link to this when comparing Kinsta vs WP Engine.
- SiteGround alternative – link to this when comparing Kinsta vs SiteGround.
- Flywheel alternative – link to this when comparing Kinsta vs Flywheel.
3. Add a Kinsta Banner to Your Sidebar
If your site has a sidebar area, another easy way to promote Kinsta is to add a banner to your sidebar. In the Kinsta affiliate dashboard, you’ll find a number of pre-made banners in different sizes including:
You can pick the size that works for your site and download a banner that’s optimized for your audience.
4. Write a Detailed Kinsta Review
Writing your own Kinsta review is one of the best ways that you can promote Kinsta. It not only helps you rank in Google, but it also gives you something that you can link to when you recommend Kinsta in other content on your site.
As for writing the review itself, you’ll want to focus your review on the features that your visitors find to be the most important.
For example, if you have an audience of hard-core WordPress users who live and breathe performance, you’ll likely want to focus on Kinsta’s server architecture and hands-on performance tests.
On the other hand, if you have a casual audience of users who are launching their first WordPress websites, you’ll probably want to focus on how easy Kinsta makes it to install WordPress and get up and running.
Authority Hacker also has some excellent tips on writing persuasive product reviews.
You can also find inspiration from this page where we curate reviews and media coverage.
5. Update Your Review Regularly
In order to make the Kinsta hosting experience even better, we’re constantly rolling out new features and tools.
For example, we’ve significantly increased the number of available data centers, added useful tools to the Kinsta dashboard, and more.
If you want your Kinsta review to be as persuasive as possible, you should ensure that it’s always accurate to the most current list of Kinsta features because those new features might play a role in converting a visitor into a Kinsta customer.
To stay abreast of changes to the Kinsta platform, you can subscribe to our weekly newsletter or regularly visit the feature updates page.
6. Drive Traffic to Localized Sites (For International Affiliates)
Did you know that Kinsta offers its core website in ten different languages?
Data shows that most users prefer to browse and shop in their native language whenever possible. So if you’re promoting Kinsta to an audience whose native language isn’t English, you’ll likely have better results if you drive traffic to one of Kinsta’s localized sites rather than the English version.
Kinsta currently offers localized sites for:
You can switch between sites by using the language switcher in the bottom-right corner.
7. Leverage Your Other Channels (Email and Social Media)
So far, a lot of our tips have focused on what you can do with your own website, but don’t forget other channels where you can connect with your audience such as your email list or social media accounts.
In addition to promoting your own content, like your Kinsta review (or other blog posts that promote Kinsta), you can also promote content on the Kinsta blog that includes your affiliate link.
While the Kinsta blog is designed to provide value in the form of free content, it’s also built to convert readers into Kinsta customers.
By linking to Kinsta blog content with your affiliate link, you can promote Kinsta in a natural way that still provides value to your subscribers, while also giving you a chance to earn a commission.
8. Promote Kinsta’s Annual Discount (Two Months Free)
Kinsta doesn’t offer coupons or Black Friday deals, but Kinsta does have an ever-running discount that you can promote:
If visitors purchase a year upfront, they can get two months free (which equates to about a ~17% discount).
9. Highlight Kinsta’s Real-Life Reviews
When you’re promoting any offer, reviews and testimonials are one of the best strategies to convert potential customers.
Your own Kinsta review is one data point, but showing other happy customers will add more weight to your recommendations.
Kinsta has its own dedicated landing pages that shows Kinsta reviews from real customers. The nice thing about using this page is that you’re able to include your affiliate link when you share it.
Kinsta also ranks quite well on third-party review sites, which is a great way to add social proof from an independent source. For example, Kinsta has been rated #1 in the top managed WordPress hosting by G2:
But also on Trustpilot Kinsta scores a 4.8/5 with over 242+ reviews, with 94% of reviewers giving Kinsta a perfect five stars.
Of course, the downside of linking to a third-party source is that you might miss out on the chance to promote your affiliate link, so the dedicated Kinsta landing page is a safer bet.
Another persuasive method can be to embed/screenshot positive Kinsta reviews from Twitter or Facebook. If you go this route, make sure to ask for permission and/or blur out any identifying information.
10. Create a Tools/Resources Page and Include Kinsta There
We covered this a bit when we mentioned adding a “powered by” link to your footer…but, because your readers respect your opinions (since they read your content), they’ll also be interested in the tools that you use.
Here’s the perfect example from Ben, founder at Compete Themes:
To promote the tools that you use (and explain why you use them in more detail), you can create a dedicated tools/resources page and list Kinsta there, among the other services that you use.
This gives you a chance to both include your affiliate link and link to your Kinsta review to share with readers why you recommend Kinsta.
11. Update Old Blog Posts to Include Kinsta (Where Relevant)
When it comes to promoting Kinsta, don’t forget about one of the biggest resources that you already have:
Your existing content catalog.
While it’s great to write a brand new Kinsta review and promote Kinsta in your blog posts going forward, you shouldn’t ignore all of your existing posts that likely already receive traffic.
Go back through your best-performing posts and see if there are any natural opportunities to promote Kinsta in those posts.
While doing that, you can also assess whether those existing posts could do with an update, which can help give them a search engine rankings boost and improve your WordPress SEO. If you do so, you’ll get more eyeballs on your Kinsta links as your traffic will increase.
12. Promote Kinsta to Your Clients (For Consultants)
If you consult with clients and/or build websites for a living, you can promote Kinsta directly in your interactions and explain the value in using a managed WordPress host like Kinsta.
When you’re speaking directly to clients, you’ll likely want to focus on the business argument for Kinsta. You can highlight how features like quality support, excellent performance, and useful tools can actually save your clients money at the end of the day.
13. Promote Kinsta in Your Podcast
If you have a podcast, you can mention Kinsta as a hosting solution in the audio and then include your Kinsta affiliate link in the show notes.
14. Mention Kinsta’s 15% Nonprofit Discount (If Working With Non-Profits/NGO’s)
If you work with any nonprofit organizations or NGOs —or if your content resonates with individuals from these types of organizations —, don’t forget to mention that Kinsta offers a 15% discount on hosting for nonprofits.
You can also link directly to the Kinsta landing page that’s dedicated to nonprofits.
15. Join Our Private Facebook Group
If you’re looking for more tips and an active community to keep you up-to-date with more examples and ideas to improve your affiliate marketing, don’t forget to join our Facebook affiliate group.
Additional Affiliate Tips for Promoting Kinsta
Finally, let’s finish with a few general affiliate marketing tips to help you maximize your promotion efforts:
- Read the affiliate terms of service. While we try to be flexible in giving you options to promote Kinsta, we do have some rules that you’ll want to pay attention to, like not competing with our direct advertising efforts or infringing on the Kinsta trademark. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Use the the rel=”sponsored” attribute for affiliate links. Again, this helps you stay on Google’s good side.
- Don’t use “ad” or “promotion” in the filename of the banners that you use. This can cause ad-blockers to automatically hide the Kinsta banner from your visitors. You can test this by visiting your site with an ad-blocker enabled on your browser.
- Feel free to use Kinsta’s other official brand assets, beyond the banners in your affiliate dashboard.
With the affiliate marketing tips in this post, you’ll be able to more effectively promote Kinsta, boost your conversion rates, and earn more commissions.
Because the Kinsta affiliate program offers both signup commissions and lifetime recurring commissions, these tips will pay dividends both now and in the future.
Start implementing them today and begin growing your own stream of passive recurring revenue. Not in our affiliate program yet? Join now!
Get all your applications, databases and WordPress sites online and under one roof. Our feature-packed, high-performance cloud platform includes:
- Easy setup and management in the MyKinsta dashboard
- 24/7 expert support
- The best Google Cloud Platform hardware and network, powered by Kubernetes for maximum scalability
- An enterprise-level Cloudflare integration for speed and security
- Global audience reach with up to 35 data centers and 275 PoPs worldwide
Get started with a free trial of our Application Hosting or Database Hosting. Explore our plans or talk to sales to find your best fit.
Imagine my surprise reading this article when I see myself pop up at #11 haha! Thanks for the shout out.
I’ll have to update the site to implement tip #1 soon as well :)
Anytime, Ben! Thanks for being a Kinsta customer and a brand ambassador :)
Thank you for sharing affiliate-marketing tips,it really helpful for those people’s who want to start our business .Thanks for sharing