When creating your site, you can choose from 29 data centers:
- Changhua County, Taiwan (asia-east1)
- Hong Kong (asia-east2)
- Tokyo, Japan (asia-northeast1)
- Osaka, Japan (asia-northeast2)
- Seoul, South Korea (asia-northeast3)
- Mumbai, India (asia-south1)
- Delhi, India (asia-south2)
- Jurong West, Singapore (asia-southeast1)
- Jakarta, Indonesia (asia-southeast2)
- Sydney, Australia (australia-southeast1)
- Melbourne, Australia (australia-southeast2)
- Warsaw, Poland (europe-central2)
- Hamina, Finland (europe-north1)
- St. Ghislain, Belgium (europe-west1)
- London, United Kingdom (europe-west2)
- Frankfurt, Germany (europe-west3)
- Eemshaven, Netherlands (europe-west4)
- Zurich, Switzerland, (europe-west6)
- Montréal, Canada (northamerica-northeast1)
- Toronto, Canada (northamerica-northeast2)
- São Paulo, Brazil (southamerica-east1)
- Santiago, Chile (southamerica-west1)
- Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA (us-central1)
- Moncks Corner, South Carolina, USA (us-east1)
- Ashburn, Virginia, USA (us-east4)
- The Dalles, Oregon, USA (us-west1)
- Los Angeles, California, USA (us-west2)
- Salt Lake City, Utah, USA (us-west3)
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA (us-west4)
Choose Your Data Center in MyKinsta
When adding a new site, you’ll see the available locations in the Location dropdown menu.
We recommend choosing the location closest to your target audience.
Move an Existing Site to a New Location
If your site needs to be moved to a different data center, that requires some additional steps from our team. Open a new chat with our Support team in MyKinsta to get that started.
Moving the site to a new data center will change the Host IP address (used for SFTP and SSH connections) and may require an external IP address change. The external IP address is the one other parties see when your site makes an external connection to an external server. This is sometimes used for integrations like payment processors like PayPal or added to allow lists for some services.
Note: The Site IP (the IP you point your domain’s A record to) is separate and will not change.