Our support team is available to assist you 24-7. Support is provided exclusively through a chat system integrated into MyKinsta. To reach our support team, use the chat icon in the lower right-hand corner of MyKinsta at any time. In this article, we’ll explain how our support team can assist you as well as a few limitations that do apply.
Getting Help Fast
While our average initial ticket response time is just a few minutes, you can get help even faster by searching our knowledge base. If you have questions about how to use any of our hosting features — such as how to restore a backup or create a staging site — our knowledge base is the best place to start.
Kinsta Has You Covered
Our support team is always happy to assist you with any of the following issues:
- Problems encountered while trying to use features of our platform such as site backups, staging sites, redirects, switching PHP versions, installing a Let’s Encrypt SSL, and so forth.
- Investigation of server error messages.
- Issues with outgoing transactional email.
- Migration of your site(s) to Kinsta. If our team is handling your migration we’ll take care of everything for you. If you’re migrating your own WordPress site, our support team is always happy to help with basic migration questions, but cannot assist with failed migrations after the fact.
- One-time investigation of specific, duplicatable performance issues to rule out server misconfiguration as the cause of the issue. We’ll also share our findings with you so that you can work with a developer to address development issues that fall outside our scope of support.
Experts At Your Fingertips
There are a number of tasks where our support team is happy to provide some expert advice but where our users retain responsibility. Tasks that fall into this category include:
- Integration of your website with a third-party CDN such as Cloudflare or KeyCDN.
- Selection, installation, and configuration of themes and plugins.
- Running search-and-replace operations on the site database.
- Setting up domain mapping for a WordPress multisite network.
You Will Still Need a Developer
Kinsta provides a hosting platform optimized for WordPress and the tools you need to manage and run your website. However, we don’t take over development responsibilities for our clients. For this reason, there are a few things which fall out-of-scope for our support team, such as:
- Changes to the appearance of your website.
- Changes to the content of your website.
- Changes to the functionality of your site’s theme and plugins.
- Optimization of your website for improved performance in search results (SEO services).
- Optimization of your website for improved performance on website speed tests such as Google PageSpeed Insights or GT Metrix.
- Code audits.
- Any code editing. We’re happy to help you identify a PHP file generating a fatal error and disable the problematic plugin or theme to get your site back online, but fixing the code to resolve the error is up to the developer of that specific plugin or theme.
- Migrating your site away from Kinsta to another host.
We also don’t provide updates for themes, plugins, or WordPress core. This is due to the fact that sometimes developers push out bad updates. We always recommend taking a backup before you perform updates on your site. This way you can easily roll back with a single click if there is an issue. You can then reach out to the plugin or theme developer for a fix. We, of course, are happy to help investigate server error messages should they arise from a bad update.
If you need the assistance of a developer there are a number of places where you can find qualified WordPress developers.
Other Frameworks and Non-WordPress Software
We’re here to host and support WordPress. While we will allow you to set up a simple non-WordPress PHP script alongside your WordPress site, we do not provide any support for non-WordPress scripts and applications.
We do also offer installation of a limited number of custom server packages such as Elasticsearch or Redis (additional fees apply). Our support for these packages is limited to installation only. Clients who request installation of these packages are responsible for integrating these packages with their WordPress websites by way of plugins or custom development work.
If In Doubt, Don’t Hesitate To Ask
We’re here to help. So if you aren’t sure if a specific issue is covered by our support team, don’t hesitate to open up a chat ticket and ask.