You can use any database client or tool (including the command line) which supports your database type. While some specifics, like navigation and field names, may vary between database tools, the fundamental concepts are the same.
Connect to a Kinsta Database
- In TablePlus, click Create a new connection, choose the database type, and click Create.
- Complete the connection details in TablePlus with the information from your database’s External connections details in MyKinsta and click Connect once you’ve filled in the following:
- User (This is not required for Redis.)
- Database (This is not required for Redis.)
- You are now connected to the Kinsta database, and you can use TablePlus to view and manage the database.
Backup a Database
We provide automated and manual backups for databases, but if you need to download a copy of your database, you can export it with TablePlus.
- In TablePlus, click File > Backup, choose your connection and database, and click Start backup.
- Enter a file name for the backup, choose where you want to save it, and click Start backup.
Restore a Database
You can restore automatic or manual backups that are stored in MyKinsta, but if you need to restore a backup that isn’t in MyKinsta, you can restore it with TablePlus.
When a database backup is restored, all changes to the database will be rolled back to the time the backup was created.
- In TablePlus, click File > Restore, choose your connection and database, and click Start restore.
- Browse to the file you want to restore and click Start restore again.