The WordPress troubleshooting section of our documentation helps you to identify any issues with your site, explains how to improve the site’s performance, and guides you through what to do if you encounter an error. It includes:
- Server Logs: Explains how to access and download your server logs, what each log file contains, and the formats.
- Debugging: How to enable debug mode in WordPress to troubleshoot and identify any issues with your site.
- Malware Removal: Kinsta’s malware removal process and what steps you need to take to ensure your site is secure.
- Troubleshooting Performance: How to troubleshoot common performance issues on your site.
- Speed and Load Testing: How to perform speed and load testing before making your site live.
- Cloudflare Errors: This explains what to do when you get errors 520, 521, or 1020.
- Server Errors: How to fix errors 502 and 504.
- Database Connection Errors: What to do when you can’t connect to your database.
- SSH and SFTP Errors: What to do when you can’t connect via SSH or SFTP.