We currently offer 4 different database types: Redis, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, and MySQL, to fulfill various data storage needs. You attach databases to applications or run databases by themselves.
To add a database, click the Add service button on the top right side of the Applications page, and select Add database from the dropdown.
The following fields are available with the described effects:
- Database name: Your database’s name that you will use to connect to it.
- Display name: The name that will be shown in MyKinsta.
- Database type: The database software you would like to use. Currently, we support:
- Redis 5.0 and 6.x
- MariaDB 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6
- PostgreSQL 9.6, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14
- MySQL 8.0
- Database username: The username you connect to the database with. We recommend leaving this as-is. Once tied to an application, we can auto-populate your environment variables with this data for you.
- Database password: The password you connect to the database with. We recommend leaving this as-is. Once tied to an application, we can auto-populate your environment variables with this data for you.
- Data center location: Choose the data center you want to use for this database. A couple of things to note:
- During the beta, we will have a limited number of data centers available. Upon public launch, we will expand to all our current locations.
- For the time being, internal connections are only supported between applications in the same region. If you’re deploying an application and a database, you must choose the same region for both.
- Database size: Choose the resources you will need for this database. Note that we will launch with many more options. Currently, we are providing three for testing purposes.