We use Google Cloud Platform’s multi-regional deployment mode. This means that you can choose between different Google Cloud data center locations for each of your WordPress websites, which allows you to place your website in a geographical location closest to your visitors. This ensures low latency and blazing fast load times.
Google Cloud Data Center Locations
You are free to choose from the following 28 data centers for your WordPress websites:
- Changhua County, Taiwan (asia-east1)
- Hong Kong (asia-east2)
- Tokyo, Japan (asia-northeast1)
- Osaka, Japan (asia-northeast2)
- Seoul, South Korea (asia-northeast3)
- Mumbai, India (asia-south1)
- Delhi, India (asia-south2)
- Jurong West, Singapore (asia-southeast1)
- Jakarta, Indonesia (asia-southeast2)
- Sydney, Australia (australia-southeast1)
- Melbourne, Australia (australia-southeast2)
- Warsaw, Poland (europe-central2)
- Hamina, Finland (europe-north1)
- St. Ghislain, Belgium (europe-west1)
- London, United Kingdom (europe-west2)
- Frankfurt, Germany (europe-west3)
- Eemshaven, Netherlands (europe-west4)
- Zurich, Switzerland, (europe-west6)
- Montréal, Canada (northamerica-northeast1)
- Toronto, Canada (northamerica-northeast2)
- São Paulo, Brazil (southamerica-east1)
- Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA (us-central1)
- Moncks Corner, South Carolina, USA (us-east1)
- Ashburn, Virginia, USA (us-east4)
- The Dalles, Oregon, USA (us-west1)
- Los Angeles, California, USA (us-west2)
- Salt Lake City, Utah, USA (us-west3)
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA (us-west4)
Choose a Data Center Location in MyKinsta
The Google Cloud Platform locations are available in MyKinsta when you add a new site. We recommend selecting the data center location closest to your target audience. If you’re primarily targeting visitors in your region, you can use the free GCP Ping tool to locate the nearest data center.
Moving Existing WordPress Sites
If you are interested in moving your existing WordPress site, simply open up a support ticket. Moving locations requires an IP address change and additional steps from our team.
Our previous locations were already very centrally located, so we only recommend moving if you are serving customers or visitors in a specific geographical location. For example, if you run a local e-commerce shop in Sydney, Australia, our previous closest location would have been Taiwan. Now we have a Sydney location available which could definitely decrease load times and latency. Feel free to ask our team if you have questions.
About Google Cloud
Some notable companies that are using Google Cloud data center locations include Spotify, Snapchat, HTC, Best Buy, Philips, Coca Cola, Domino’s, Feedly, ShareThis, Sony Music, and Ubisoft. Even Apple has been seen moving some of its services away from AWS, spending between $400 million and $600 million on Google Cloud Platform; although this couldn’t be independently confirmed.
And most recently Evernote made the decision to migrate its 200 million users. Ben McCormack, VP Operations at Evernote stated on their blog:
“Evernote will gain significant improvements in performance, security, efficiency, and scalability. Moving to the cloud also allows us to focus time and resources on the things that matter most.”
See a full list of case studies and companies utilizing different services on Google Cloud Platform.
Save time, costs and maximize site performance with:
- Instant help from WordPress hosting experts, 24/7.
- Cloudflare Enterprise integration.
- Global audience reach with 28 data centers worldwide.
- Optimization with our built-in Application Performance Monitoring.