If you would like to change your site’s SFTP password you can do so easily from your MyKinsta Dashboard.
SFTP Change Password
The steps to take are the following:
- Log in by visiting https://my.kinsta.com.
- Click on sites in the left menu.
- Select the site you want to change the SFTP password for.
- Under the SFTP section click on the “Generate New SFTP Password” button.
- Click the confirmation button.
- You will receive a notification at the bottom of the screen in a second or so, at which point the password is updated.
- Copy-paste the new password into your FTP client as needed.
Make sure to also check out our tutorial on how to connect via SFTP to your WordPress site.
If you enjoyed this tutorial, then you’ll love our support. All Kinsta’s hosting plans include 24/7 support from our veteran WordPress developers and engineers. Chat with the same team that backs our Fortune 500 clients. Check out our plans