If you would like to change your site’s SFTP password you can do so easily from your My Kinsta Dashboard.
SFTP Change Password
The steps to take are the following:
- Log in by visiting https://my.kinsta.com.
- Click on sites in the left menu.
- Select the site you want to change the SFTP password for.
- Scroll down until you see the SFTP section and click on the “Generate New SFTP Password” button.
- Click the confirmation button.
- You will receive a notification at the bottom of the screen in a second or so, at which point the password is updated.
- Copy-paste the new password into your FTP client as needed.
Make sure to also check out our tutorial on how to connect via SFTP to your WordPress site.