At Kinsta, all of our hosting plans come with a predetermined amount of resources. If you go over your limits, we have a few different types of overages in place.
- Visits overage – you will be charged for an additional amount if you exceed your plan’s visit limit.
- Disk space overage – you will be charged for an additional amount if you exceed your plan’s SSD limit.
- CDN overage – you will be charged for an additional amount if you exceed your plan’s included free CDN limit.
- Bandwidth overage (legacy plans only) – you will be charged for an additional amount if you exceed your plan’s bandwidth or data transfer limit.
If you regularly go over your plan’s limit(s) we recommend you upgrade to a higher plan which comes with more resources and also saves you money.
How to Enable and Disable Overage Notifications
Overage notifications are available for the Company Owner, Company Administrator, and Company Billing roles. If you would like to send overage notifications to multiple people who do not require site access, we recommend creating a MyKinsta account for them with the “Company Billing” role.
By default, overage notifications are enabled on all accounts, but you can easily disable them in your user settings. To enable or disable overage notifications, click on your user icon in the bottom left-hand side of the MyKinsta dashboard, and select User Settings.
In “User Settings”, click on the Notifications tab. There are two notifications options for overages.
- Messages in MyKinsta – sends a message to your MyKinsta notification center.
- Email (to [your-email]) – sends a message to your account’s email address.
If you would like to receive notifications in MyKinsta and your email inbox, toggle both options. Otherwise, you can enable or disable either option to get the desired overage notification method.
If you enjoyed this tutorial, then you’ll love our support. All Kinsta’s hosting plans include 24/7 support from our veteran WordPress developers and engineers. Chat with the same team that backs our Fortune 500 clients. Check out our plans