We moved to a visitor-based pricing model in November 2017. For those of you still on our legacy bandwidth-based hosting plans, see details below regarding account changes, upgrades, etc.
You can still upgrade and downgrade between the bandwidth-model plans from within the MyKinsta dashboard.
The only exception is in regards to the new starter ($30/month) and pro ($60/month) plans. Since these are brand new and were not previously available, they can only be used with the new visitor-based pricing model. You can switch to these at any time by reaching out to our support team.
Important: If you downgrade from your bandwidth-based pricing to a visitor-based pricing model, you cannot revert back. The new visitor-based plans also include fewer PHP workers per site. If your site makes great use of our caching, that probably isn’t a concern. However, if your site need the extra PHP workers to handle dynamic page loads, the legacy bandwidth-based plans are probably a better choice. This is particularly true for ecommerce, multisite, and community sites.
Changes to Plans
Below is a summary of the changes to our plans:
- Business 1 plan previously had 1 install and 5 GB SSD, it now has 3 installs and 30 GB SSD.
- Business 2 plan previously had 5 install it now has 10 installs.
- Business 3 plan previously had 15 install it now has 20 installs.
- Business 4 plan previously had 20 install it now has 40 installs.
- Enterprise 1 plan previously had 40 install it now has 60 installs.
- Enterprise 2 plan previously had 60 install it now has 80 installs.
Below are additional details for each legacy bandwidth-model plan:
We also launched our CDN integration with KeyCDN. All legacy bandwidth-based clients are receiving the same amount of free CDN bandwidth as the new plans. Which is as follows:
- Starter plan includes 50GB
- Pro plan includes 100 GB
- Business 1 plan includes 200 GB
- Business 2 plan includes 300 GB
- Business 3 plan includes 500 GB
- Business 4 plan includes 500 GB
- Enterprise 1 plan includes 1 TB
- Enterprise 2 plan includes 1 TB
- Enterprise 3 plan includes 1 TB
- Enterprise 4 plan includes 1 TB
If you enjoyed this tutorial, then you’ll love our support. All Kinsta’s hosting plans include 24/7 support from our veteran WordPress developers and engineers. Chat with the same team that backs our Fortune 500 clients. Check out our plans